Friday, June 15, 2012

It seems to me...

As everybody knows, I have been around a long time.  Over 60 years.  6 decades.  Long long time. 

Over that time I have noticed that, for the most part, men are terribly busy and terribly important.  Anything men do is always way more important and way busier than what women do.  I have observed first hand a doctor, leaving her clinic early so she can pick up the kids, get the mail, buy the groceries and not disturb her terribly busy husband during his terribly important tennis game.  Many many farm wives can relate horror stories about giving birth during seeding or harvest, or spraying, or preg checking cattle, or...you get the idea.  Everything is way more important if a man does it.

Just take a drive down any of our highways and you will see proof positive that of which I speak.  Dotted along the roadside are these large billboard type signs, some of them solar powered flashing lights, some of them bright orange, with big black letters declaring "MEN WORKING".  Women don't do that.  I guess we just don't feel the need to advertise like that.
/bye

No comments:

Post a Comment