Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Can you call (sniffle choke snort) Mom?

Murray and I have discovered a new low in pathetic-ness.  We both have a gastroenteritis that is particularly vile and disgusting.  Thank goodness we have two bathrooms - otherwise things would really be messy!  Have you seen the commercial where the grown man is sick in bed calling to his harried wife "Pam, Pam can you call Mom?"  That is us.  Of course my husband is more pathetic than I - but really not much more.  I have, of course, self-diagnosed on the internet and we are suffering from the Norovirus - or the Black Plague - either way we don't really care.

I blame myself, really, as I was just about over the cold and cough that has been lingering in my chest for the last month.  It was bound to happen - right.

Possibly it is a reaction to the fact that we cannot go on a winter holiday this year, because I was so ill in the summer.  No more discussion of staying here all winter, as I will be driven to tears.  Trust us to get Montezumas revenge at home!  Not a bit like takin' a trip and never leavin' the farm either! (Please don't email me if you are too young to know what I am talking about - I just don't have the strength for that).

We are beginning to run out of supplies here too.  Mr Really Really Sick (unlike me who is just, you know, sick) wanted an orange, or an apple, or grapes or a banana.  I suggested I could peel him a carrot, and he passed on that indicating that he is "not a Cochrane" (slight slam at "healthy Holly" - who is not sick btw - hmmmn?  Any connection I wonder?)  Same for the frozen peas. How pathetic.

One of the first comments anyone who has had the pleasure of hearing all this in person makes is "and you had the flu shot too" .  Pul - lease people.  This is gastro, not respiratory, which is the one your are immunizing against with the flu shot.  (See paragraph two above) - Yeah well, I still swear by the flu shot and get one every year. 


Anyway, my sister in law emailed a really nice New Years card to everyone. It was a very nice photo filled gallery that summarized their year. So, not to be outdone, and yet put my own personal spin on it, I thought I would write this really nice blog post - and wish everyone a Happy 2013. 

May your year be measured in something else besides kleenex and toilet tissue use.
/bye

No comments:

Post a Comment