Saturday, August 28, 2010

A few first words

I am the only person I know who is not really crazy about Saturdays.  I find myself wondering what to do, should I do anything?  There is no focus or structure to the day.  The only end to Saturday is midnight, and I virtually NEVER wait around for midnight.  I mean, on weekdays, working days, the day is over after work.  Now you do whatever you need to do - make supper, load of laundry, knit/crochet in front of the evening TV shows - and then off to bed.  Sunday starts with family breakfast, then Sunday takes us wherever it goes - I don't have to have a plan or make a plan - I just ride along on Sunday - which is over at Supper time as everybody works on Monday so no big plans for a Sunday evening.  But Saturday drags on and on, nothing good on TV, no plans ever as I am married to a workaholic who is never around on Saturday.  Then its supper time, but Saturday is not over yet.  What will we do to fill the time between now and bedtime.  Evening TV sucks.  Who knits on a Saturday evening?  I do.  Cause I am old and I am not crazy about Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment