Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sweet Violet

Violet in Bloom(s)
Yes, that is indeed M Y violet, which has - ta da - BLOSSOMS!!  As a rule, violets enter my home in relatively healthy condition - check the place out for a couple of weeks - and sicken and die a horribly 'violet' death.  Brown leaves.  Dried up stems. Wilt. Rot. Drought. Despair.  But THIS violet is incredible.  I got it from my co-workers in March 2009.  Yes, that is not a typo, March 2009!  Wahoo!!  Check out the blossoms,  there is more than one!  And - it is as vibrant a violet colour as I have ever seen.  Look at those leaves - not a wilty brown one among them.  Well, I have recorded it for posterity - so whatever happens from here on in - I can bask in the knowledge that I have kept a violet alive long enough to bloom and after 17 months it is still healthy and alive.  Sweet sweet success.

No comments:

Post a Comment