Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Grey Cup...

is why I love Curling!  How upsetting, how disappointing, how obscenity awful.   I would suspect those who know Football better would venture to say that the team was, shall we say, somewhat lackluster in the second half.  It was Calvillo's game today.  Really wish Fantuz hadn't been offside.  That was a momentum buster if ever there was one.  Okay, I am over it.  Football is behind us and Curling is not far off.  This year, I hope, will be Pat Simmons year.  He is really good, just needs "momentum". 

This weekend was a Ski Pre Course for Murray in Calgary, at Olympic Park.  I went with him, as his attendant.  Now, I do not want anyone to think I volunteered for this. Nope, no way.  This was my quiet weekend all by myself.  I even made Holly and Cory find a different babysitter for Friday.  I signed up for a Saturday water colour class with all of my card making friends, right here in town.  It was going to be wonderful.  Three whole days of the remote for the big screen in my absolute control. But, as luck would have it, the other ski person who was signed up to go couldn't make it at the last minute and I was pressed into service. 

I washed his clothes, arranged for the reduced attendant fare, packed clothes, found goggles and hat and boot bag and ski bag.  Ripped to Regina to have his skis tuned up.  Packed boots and skis in appropriate bags.  Arranged for a much needed oil change on the van.  Found the plug in for the block heater on said van, and an extension cord.   Printed out the e-tickets and presented them to the airline, with appropriate picture id for both of us, at the appointed hour.  Buckled him into his seat, gave him  my i-pod headset so he could watch TV.  And I think you are seeing a trend and I need not go on.  Do I want reward/recognition for any of this? (Damn right)  Do I want to be declared a hero with a hero's welcome with a brass band and streamers and confetti? (A small band would be nice)  Not really.  I just want to shop at the Market Mall in Calgary.  But...I was too damn chicken to drive!! I hate myself.  We had the go ahead from SaskSki to rent a car on their dime, but I was too nervous to drive!! I drive all the time.  I drive everywhere.  I drive and drive and drive.  But...didn't do it in Calgary.  It was raining when we arrived, and getting icy.  It was rush hour when we got there.  The guy driving the Shuttle Bus was a cursing wreck by the time we got to the Hotel.  I, sob, caved!!

So I sat at COP, listening to a book on my i-pod and crocheting.  Actually, it really wasn't that bad.  The group of CADS instructors are really very nice, friendly, fun people to hang out with.  And I know that come tomorrow morning at breakfast, I will miss Roezell (the best waitress EVER).

The truly bitter end to the weekend is this. When we went out for Supper at Nottingham's Pub on Saturday night, one of the people from the BC CADS group gave us a ride.  His wife had spent the day shopping.  She was really sorry we hadn't connected sooner, because she would have loved to have taken me along. 

Oh and, I am as big a sport about the States and their stupid Thanksgiving in November as anyone, but really TWO weeks without Desperate Housewives???!! 
/bye

1 comment:

  1. Dad doesn't know how good he has it but we keep reminding him daily!!

    I feel that without Desperate Housewives my favorite night of the week, Sunday, is a depressing long abiss of never ending football. I hate it!!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete