Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Projects on display

I have done some crafting lately.  Just wanted to log them for posterity.

I made a card for a friend who was celebrating her 80th birthday.  She is a twin, so I am not sure why I didn't make one for her brother as well, but ended up buying his!  Go figure.

I used the "watercolour" technique.  I wet the paper, stamped the image in pink and then blended the pink throughout.  Then, using the "stampa-ma-jig" I restamped the image in a darker pink.  I think it turned out to be quite nice and watercoloury looking.




I used several colours of cardstock, a border punch, organza ribbon, embossing, teeny little sparkly dots.  I know I can see you yawning, but trust me, my cardmaking friends would be so proud of me.  And the stampa ma jig thing is HUGE to us.  Anyway, I liked making the card, and the thing is, you think about the recipient the whole time you are making it.  I try to always put real good vibes into what I am giving people.  Throw back to the hippie days I guess.





I am trying to learn the continental method of knitting.  I was taught the English or "throw" method, which is slower and I think it is harder on my hands.  Anyway, I started out with a simple scarf pattern of 6 row garter stitch, one row yo garter stitch.  As I went along I got a little better at the method, and my stitches got tighter.  The scarf started to get smaller as my stitches got tighter.  Soooo, I have put this one to the side for now.  It will remain a WIP until I decide what I want to use this yarn for.  (I cast on for another scarf, and using the continental stitch and same pattern my scarf is looking all the same size and more even.  Yay for me!!)


This last project is a baby blanket.  I have a friend who is having her third child soon and I wanted to make it for her/him.  I had lots of yellow left over from another blanket I made.  I think I will edge this plain little blanket with a nice lace edging in either pink or blue as is appropriate.  But, I'll have to see how it will look like that.  The edging in this pattern is very wide.  Might look good. 
Also I wanted to show the arthritic friendly crochet hook that Holly and family gave me for Christmas.  It is the bees knees.  I love it.



I also have a cardigan that I started for Holly last fall uh that is the fall of 2009.  Anyway, since then I have found a better pattern.  So, someday I want to get back to that and hope to post the finished project.  Please, no breath holding though. 

Off to aquacize tonight, and hope to visit my little boys when I am in Regina.  Hope the weather stays nice, I hate driving home in the dark at the best of times. 
/bye

1 comment:

  1. Watercolour card is very special - please give me a lesson the next time I'm in the valley. This is a very special message to your friend. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete