Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter holidays

Dominican 2009
We have booked our holiday for the winter.  We try to get to Mexico or some other warm sunny place for a week each year.  I am so ready for my sunning on the beach - I just can't wait.  To heighten the suspense, the weather has turned really freakin' cold and snowy. 

I have learned over the last few years the essentials of traveling are money, my prescriptions and English language books/magazines to read which will go in a carry on with me.  I have suffered the agony of lost luggage, but we go all inclusive so I can use unlimited  Pina Coladas to dull the pain. 

The holidays are hard on Murray.  Once there, he is not able to work.  He has to relax.  He gets really tense and nervous relaxing.  But, after a bit of time on the beach, he gets into a routine to take the sting out of doing nothing and settles down some.  Unlimited Pina Colodas help with that as well.  If he can't work himself, he needs to be seeing other people at work.  At first he would try to rouse me off my deck chair to do something - oh like, tidy up the room or clean off the leaves from our deck - but realized that he had better luck communicating with the dead and gave up on that type of thing.  So now he contents himself by wandering around the resort watching the guys trim trees or sweep leaves or fix stuff.  Still, he is always glad to get home and get to work. 

Anyway, I better get at my biggest job this morning, which is making an appointment for a pedicure.  My coworker suggested that I should get a belly button ring also.  Ha!  The sight of my belly and its button could make people go blind, much the same way me wearing a pleated plaid skirt does.  No, I intend to keep my belly button firmly out of sight at all times - so no need to decorate it. 
/bye

1 comment:

  1. "He gets really tense and nervous relaxing." HA!

    Great sentence. I certainly do not have that problem. My default setting is 'lazy.'

    ReplyDelete