Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bookwork - bah!!

I have nothing fun planned today.  Kaida is in pre-k, Kenzie needs to recoup today, and there is no one stepping up to make my Thursdays educational or recreational to the point of requiring oxygen.  So, I have no option but to dig into this pile of paperwork which has collected on my desk.  Murray has lost a cheque he got from a customer, and he is blaming my desk.  I am offended and find it hurtful, and to be honest he might be right which is even worse.  Anyway, my special gift is to find something to fill in the time so that I don't have to actually get busy and do it, right away.  So...I will blog, followed by a walk maybe, maybe I will do a load of laundry (just to mix it up a bit), I could phone somebody...busy busy busy. 

My road trip with Kaida yesterday didn't turn out to be a stellar success.  I took her up to Barry and Kim's where Murray is working, however Murray had just left for Regina.  No Grampa.  The dog I knew she would love didn't go up to the job site yesterday.  The other dog I though she would like leaped at her and licked her face.  When you are only tall enough to be face to face with a crazy banshee of a dog licking and leaping, well, you just don't respond the same as when the dog is only up to your knee.  I carried a frightened and peeved little girl back to her car seat and moved on.  Well, we could go to the pet store instead.  Yaaaaay.  The pet store is closed on Wed.  We ended up coming back to my house, eating Popsicles in disgust and watching tree house.  Eventually got some quality time on the trampoline - WITHOUT KENZIE AND GRAMPA - to practise our high jumping and bum drops.  For lunch she asked for noodles (those compressed styrofoam things with the flavor packs - ichee ban??) and for variety would I also make spaghetti.  Of course I would.  She was tired after lunch so I found a cozy blanket and we went for a drive.  About 5 miles into the drive she remembered she needed a stuffed rabbit from my house, and was madder than blazes when I refused to turn back and get it.  She screamed and cried, but I persevered and she did fall asleep.  However, she woke up when I tried to get her out of the car seat and into her bed in her house.  Failing in my objective once again, I left in disgust, although Holly was completely sympathetic as she, too, has been there.

Holly is also my exercise police.  She forced me to go into aquacize after all.  (There was some mix up in which days were cancelled as the instructor is going to China, and I was to baby sit, and it is all very complicated...)  I am so glad, as it was wonderful.  I can kick a** in the pool, move much better than I do in my easy does it class.  I still manage to pant and gasp and wheeze my way through it all which, of course means, this must be good for me.
/bye

No comments:

Post a Comment