Saturday, October 9, 2010

No blanket - no baby.

Well I went off half cocked last night and decided to add edging to the baby blanket, which means I did not finish it.  And there is still no baby.  Perhaps there is a connection here? 

I am planning a Thanksgiving meal with Bev, Ashley and George, Brad, Michelle, Owen and maybe Holly and Cory will stop in after Momma Mia.  This ought to bring on a baby don't you think?  After she gets driven down our lovely, winding, tree lined pot holes the little one will certainly be shook up some.  Let it be known, that I am doing MY best (except for the blanket thingie) to help out an overdue Mom.

This edging is off the internet free pattern site, is pretty simple but is 7 rows to complete.  The blanket isn't huge but when you are doing all four sides it does take time.  Plus, my darling husband doesn't see the value in crochet.  He thinks it is something I should do once I have completed all of his little tasks, and have made sure he gets his bedtime snack and tucked in.  Between the hours of  midnight and 6:00 am for instance.  Anyway, I did get around once and it wasn't really tedious, so if I get a chance I will give it a go again this afternoon. 

I am going to bag up the lawn once more today - probably the last time this year. We don't have a lot of trees so there isn't a lot of leaves but just enough to be a nuisance.  I love mowing the grass.  You can see the entire task before you, where you have been, how much you need to do to finish.  The lawn mower is not conducive to people yelling "come give me a hand".  Can't answer the phone on the lawn mower.  Can't do dishes, vacuum, laundry or any of the other crap that goes with housework.  Can't buy groceries on the lawn mower.  I love the lawn mower.  I am actually entering a bit of a stage of grief now that I realize that this will likely be the last time this year I can be on the lawn mower. 

/bye

No comments:

Post a Comment