Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mrs. Griswold has the sniffles.

On October 17, last Sunday, we went in to see the new baby and his family, and Holly and Cory and the girls were there too.  Michelle had optimistically purchased tickets for the Wiggles back in the summer, and now realized that she couldn't go - she couldn't leave the baby or sit that long.  So, with the extra ticket, Brad was elected to take Kaida and Owen to the Wiggles.

 We decided we would meet at Brad's at 5:00 and order supper in.  Murray took off in the tractor at 12:30 to do a couple of little jobs and would be back in 2 hours.  If you add 2 hours to 12:30 in Murray time, what time do you get?  Twenty to freaking five and he only stopped then because I went apoplectic on his butt!! Got him home, got him changed, got him in the car, got on the road and took several deep calming breaths. 

I took my blanket, and my camera, thinking I would take pics of Declan in his blanket, Owen holding Declan in his blanket, Kenzie and Kaida and Declan in his blanket...you get the drift.  Anyway,  I was soon dissuaded from the idea as I opened the door and three kids were pinging off the walls like deranged pinballs.

 Michelle's jaw was clenched in a tight little smile and her knuckles white, Holly was snorting fire.  I looked to Cory, who has been around the Griswold's long enough that he has built up some tolerance to the nonsense and  gave him the "whats up?"  look.  He smiled slightly and said "Brad's not here".  Apparently after the Wiggles Brad dropped the kids off and then headed out for some "alone time".   Holly was hunting him down on the cell phone when we got there, furiously texting insults like "MURRAY" and eventually Brad showed his sorry face back at the house.  He had had some work to do.  We ordered the food and while we waited we had some time to play with the kids, hold the baby and have a drink.  Things calmed down and we were able to enjoy a nice meal together. 


I was tired at work on Monday, but thought little of it.  When I got home I went straight to bed, woke up at 3:00 am with a sore throat and realized that I was sick.  I stayed home Tuesday and recovered pretty well so that I could go to work Weds.  Which was good as we had tickets to Johnny Reid.  However, I wasn't really recovered, work sucked, Johnny Reid is full of Blarney and talked more than he sang.  I was really sick.  Really Sick.  And I hated the opening act too.  (The Stellas).  Murray's day did not go nearly as well.  His super jock hockey player employee was startled by the sight of a shovel and galloped off the job site like a frightened doe.  Go Fort Knox.

Thursday I was really laid low, but had nothing to do but lay around and get better.  Which I did.  I am really very good at lying around and getting better given the chance.  As he hasn't found another employee I spent Friday morning helping Murray, and Friday afternoon recovering. 

Today is Saturday.  It sort of summarizes my week when I say that the best thing that has happened to me so far is my head congestion has "loosened". 
/bye

1 comment:

  1. One text hardly equals "hunting" and "furiously" !!

    ReplyDelete