Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Indian Summer

I suppose that is politically incorrect and should be "First Nations" summer or something.  Anyway, I am referring to this wonderful weather we are enjoying.  Our miserable summer has made me truly appreciate the warmth, the dry, the glorious sunshine and beautiful colours of this season.  And knowing that my farmer friends will have something in the bins this fall is also good. 

I have reached the final stage of the baby blanket I am working on for Michelle and Brad's baby - if it ever gets here!! Two days overdue as of this morning.  I will likely finish tonight, if all goes as planned. (The blanket - I have nothing to do with the arrival of the actual baby).

The Easy Does It class has worked its magic on me again this week, and I can hardly move a muscle without being reminded that I attended.  Pat Lee is a wonderful trainer - and I am enjoying sweating like a hog while I plug away like a mule at her circuit stations.  However, my body knows that I am not 20 years younger and punishes me mercilessly for the next couple of days.  This has to be good for me.

I have been working on school lists this week again - speaking of circuit stations.  There are several families that have a Wynyard address, two kids in Raymore, two kids in Punnichy and one living with auntie in Fort QuAppelle.  They must attend school like it was a circuit station - a month here, move on, a month there, move on, back to the first one for a month...with a few weeks off in between to rest up for the next sprint.  Sad really, and aren't there laws???

Well, just had a call from Holly and Kaida and I are going on a little road trip to see Grampa at a job site. Better get on my horse and ride - this kid is not known for her patience.
/bye

1 comment:

  1. Now that Kaida is gone I am reading your blog and procrastinating everything else. Where do I get that from?

    ReplyDelete